Mr. Pishevar's Profile
Highly qualified, AV rated Attorney with repeated success offering proactive legal advice that enables clients to maximize opportunity, minimize liability, and manage legal relationships. Broad and extensive experience leading development of complex technology deals, consulting services, and product support.
Clear and persuasive communicator with a penchant for collaborative planning and advanced problem-solving skills. Poised to drive continuous improvement through an unwavering commitment to learning new technical concepts and tackling cutting-edge legal issues in a highly-matrixed and high stakes environment.
Mr. A.P. Pishevar is a seasoned and sought-after trial attorney. Mr. Pishevar has been quoted in hundreds of news reports on National and Local Television, Newspaper Articles, on the Web and Radio. After reading Mr. Pishevar's credentials, you will see why hundreds of people and corporations have come to rely on his advise and representation. Mr. Pishevar's abilities and representation can be put to use on your side.
Mr Pishevar is rated 'AV' (Preeminent) by Martindale Hubbell law directory. He is assigned a score of 10/10 by AVVO. The National Trial Lawyers Association has recognized him with the "Top 100 Trial Lawyers" Award. He was an Associate Attorney at Alexander Gephardt, Aponte & Marks: Litigation Department (1993-1995). Previous to that he was a Summer Law Clerk to the Hon. Alvin Krenzler of the Federal District Court, Cleveland, Ohio, The Legal Aid Society in Cleveland Ohio and the State's Attorney's Office in Montgomery County, Maryland. He started his private Law Firm in 1995. Admitted to Bar in 1993. Practice areas includes Criminal Defense, Civil Litigation and Trial Practice as well as Immigration Law. Extensive experience in a richly diverse array of practice areas gives us an advantage in perspective and seeing the big picture from unique angles. See our Website for our numerous high-profile cases reported in mass media. Mr. Pishevar is also a Captain in the Reserves - Maryland Military Defense Force (MDDF) JAC Corps. The Judge Advocate Corps of the MDDF helps veterans and returning soldiers with legal issues and also advises the Governor as to certain legal matters.Core Competencies
- Cross-Functional Leadership
- Privacy & Data Rights
- Contract Drafting & Negotiations
- Regulatory Liaison, Compliance & Interface Stakeholder Engagement, Board Governance
- Licensing, MSAs, JVs & Commercial Deals
- Transactions, Litigation Mgmt. & Acquisitions
- Consumer B2B Launch and Scaling
Business Litigation, TROs and Preliminary Injunctions, Mandamus, Torts, Personal Injuries, Car Accidents, Scientific Misconduct, Municipal Litigation, Sewage Floods, Medical Malpractice, Wrongful Death and Survivor Actions, Trademarks, Constitutional Issues, 1st Amendment, Personal Injury, Criminal and Traffic Defense, DUIs, DWIs, MVA Hearings, Immigration Law, E Visas, Investor Visas, OFAC Matters, CINA and Child Abuse matters, Family and Business Immigration, Deportations and Removal Proceedings, Appeals, Coram Nobis and Post Convictions, Airline Profiling and Discrimination, Civil Rights & Employment Law.Bar Membership
Admitted to practice law in Maryland, Washington, D.C., the United States Supreme Court and the Federal Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit. Eligible for waiver into Virginia Bar. Member of American Inns of Court and Montgomery County Inns of Court. Member, American Trial Lawyers Association (ATLA).Languages
The Firm has personnel with capabilities in: Spanish, German, French, Italian and Farsi.Legal Education
Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law; Juris Doctorate, May, 1993. Honors:
- Keynote Speaker; Cleveland-Marshall College of Law Graduation Commencement, Class of 1993.
- Justice Harry A. Blackmun Fellow.
- Moot Court Team: Philip C. Jessup International Competition (1991-92 & 1992-93) best oralist from Cleveland-Marshall & team captain, placed third in the Mid-West Region.
- The American Jurisprudence Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy.
- The Spangenberg Award for best student in Trial Practice and Procedure.
- Who's Who Among American Law Students; nominated by law school for law student of the year.
University of Maryland, College Park; Bachelor of Arts, 1989.
Major: Government and Politics. Minor: English Literature.
Sizzle Mobile Cloud Kitchen/Food Tech., Miami, FL
CEO, 2019 – Present
Tasked with leading all aspects from formation, personnel recruitment to build out, compliance, IP protection & launch. Oversees, directs, and guides building and launching the minimum viable product (MVP) & proof of concept both operationally and regulatory. Develops model standard procedures, agreements and JIT supply chain. Ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations concerning the food-tech industry.
- Played an integral role in assisting company achieve pending acquisition by major industry incumbent.
- Demonstrated ability to raise necessary finance for company launch and shareholder relations.
McLear, Potomac, MD
Chief Strategy Officer/General Counsel, 2016 – 2019
Provided comprehensive leadership and oversight to all legal operations and strategy for the pioneer of wearable technology for contactless payments, security, and fashion. Oversaw development of legal agreements that enabled successful launch of product in several global regions.
- Succeeded in guiding the legal strategy that enabled the launch of the leading smart ring technology company in the world and through to a successful acquisition by a large conglomerate.
- Proved highly efficient in providing strategic advice and guidance in rapidly changing regulatory issues.
- Commended by executive teams for orchestrating input from multiple stakeholders to drive deal closure and complex projects.
Virgin Hyperloop One, Los Angeles, CA
Chief Legal Officer, 2014 – 2016
Led legal functions for this premiere transportation technology and infrastructure company working to commercialize high-speed technology concept. Directed a large team of talented legal and engineering professionals in protecting company IP and from all early pitfalls during a time of tremendous growth. Established solid liaisons with local, state and federal governments in pursuit of tax incentives, PPPs, environmental impact studies, permitting, land grants, ROWs and land acquisitions and leases.
- Made significant contributions in building the first full scale full speed working hyperloop in history.
- Joined as third employee, in garage, to lead growth to hundreds of employees, 3 acre campus in LA, 50 acre test facility in Las Vegas, raising over $100mm, development and protection of IP and regulatory model, relations and strategy.
Pishevar & Associates, P.C., Rockville, MD
Attorney/CEO, 1995 – 2014
Owned responsibility for the performance of 5+ lawyers, paralegals, and support staff across two offices in delivery of a diverse range of legal services pertaining to everything from business formations & IP and business litigation, employment matters, regulatory investigations, OFAC Licencing, Immigration and criminal litigation to complex transactions, appeals and family law. Managed and founded pro bono clinic for the indigent.
- Built a solid client base from scratch, cultivating one of the most reputable law firms in the region.
- Received tens of thousands of referrals from highly satisfied clients and many industry honors and recognitions in the legal and greater community.
Alexander, Gephardt, Aponte & Marks, Silver Spring, Maryland
Associate, 12/93 – 9/95
Concentration: civil litigation, Federal Administrative (F.D.A. and F.C.C.), personal injury, employment, commercial litigation, communications law and D & O Liability.
State Attorney's Office for Montgomery County, Md.
Law Clerk-Screener, 9/93 – 1/94
Responsible for making initial determination as to whether case should be prosecuted based on the allegations made within the Statement of Charges. Duties entailed legal research, investigation of criminal records, mediation and interviewing of witnesses.
United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio, Senior Judge Alvin I. Krenzler & Chief Judge Thomas D. Lambros
Summer Law Clerk, Summer 1992
Analyzed various cases, researched relevant law, presented case to Judge with suggested outcome and drafted opinions.
Legal Aid Society, Cleveland & Painseville, Oh.
Law Clerk, Summer 1991
Performed civil research and drafted legal memoranda, appellate briefs, motions, client intake interviews for domestic relations cases and assisted in litigation.Additional Experience
- Associate Attorney, Alexander, Gebhardt, Aponte & Marks (FDA, FCC and Employment)
- Founder/CEO, Umojify (Invented, Built & Launched MVP: Virtual Artist: AI/Computer vision/Machine Learning Application). Nonprovisional Patent granted
- Maryland State Bar – U.S. District Court, Maryland – Washington D.C. Bar
- United Stated Supreme Court – U.S. District Court, D.C. – Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- CLO/General Counsel - Hyperlooptech.com
- Montgomery County and D.C. Bar Associations (1994-Present). Member of the American Inns of Court. Member of the American Trial Lawyer's Ass'n (ATLA).
- Chairman of ATLA's Washington Regional Mock Trial Competition.
- President, Student Bar Association. (1992-1993). Elected as head of student body at law school. Responsible for all S.B.A. activities including administration of $60,000 operating budget. Represented school at the A.B.A. convention and before the A.B.A./A.A.L.S. accreditation committee. Chaired all law school Senate sessions and the executive meetings. Appointed all student members to faculty committees. Served on the academic standards committee.
- Judge, International Rounds of Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition. (1993-94). Heard arguments and read briefs prepared and delivered, respectively, by advocates representing various nations.
- Litigation, Trials, & Pre-Trial Proceedings – IP, Patents, & Trademarks
- Commercial Agreements & Transactions – Venture Capital & Legal Transactions
- Negotiations – Environmental Laws – Board & Shareholder Relations – Corporate Governance
- Compliance – Regulatory – FCPA – ITAR – OFAC – International Sanctions Laws
- Export Control Regulations – Banking & Financial Regulations – GDPR
- Commercial Terms & Conditions – Purchase Orders – NDA’s – Data Privacy
- Employment Laws & Agreements – Transportation Laws – Commercial Leases & Agreements